Full-Time Lead Pastor at
Trailhead Christian Fellowship Church
20 Trailhead View Drive
Townsend, MT 59644
406-422-3144 (Bill- Church Council Chair)
The salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Trailhead is seeking a Lead Pastor to shepherd and lead our congregation in meeting the needs of our church body and following God’s direction.
Sample video/audio sermon (or link to sermon)
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
via mail: to address above at the attention of Kelley Gobbs (church secretary)
Open until filled, applicant review begins June 19, 2017.
Church Mission Statement:
Trailhead Christian Fellowship exists to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to encourage and assist individuals in finding God’s purpose in their lives. We seek to glorify God through the growing of a biblical spiritual family devoted to the making of disciples of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith:
Preferred Characteristics and Qualities:
- Ability to lead and shepherd God’s people with grace and love.
- Ability to communicate effectively both professionally and interpersonally.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in congregational and personal matters.
Trailhead is seeking a committed, devoted believer in Jesus Christ. The individual must be called by God to pastor and shepherd a congregation. All the pastoral duties of the church will be carried out by the Lead Pastor.
Trailhead started as a house church with ten people in 2001. In 2003, the church had grown to over 30 people and began renting a facility for Sunday mornings. At that time, the church also began the process of becoming a fully recognized 501 3c non-profit. Trailhead is an independent, non-denominational Christian church, fully and duly recognized by both state and federal government entities. Trailhead follows and operates under its statement of faith and bylaws, with over 50 people in various capacities of leadership.
The first ordained and licensed pastor was hired in 2004, and he is a member of the Evangelical Church Alliance. The church continued to grow, purchased land and erected the currently facility in the years from 2005 – 2007. Currently the church averages 150 people in worship on Sunday mornings, has an active children’s and youth ministry, quality adult Bible education programs, and is a shining light in our community.
Trailhead works with the other Christian churches in the community to help support the Food Bank as well as other community service and worship opportunities. Trailhead has taken an active role in supporting world mission efforts through project assistance and short term mission trips. We are a healthy church body: spiritually, physically, and financially.
Trailhead will give preference to one of the following:
- Bachelors- Bible college or Bible school graduate.
- M.A. or M.Div from an evangelical seminary.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service related field.
Pastoral Position Overview:
- Exhibit a vital and growing personal relationship with Christ, as God’s appointed shepherd and person of prayer.
- Prepare, preach, teach, and lead Sunday morning services each week as scheduled.
- Continue to build and maintain an evangelistic vision for outreach and advance Christ’s Kingdom to the community and every corner of the world.
- Oversee, evaluate, and teach biblically based curriculum used by the church with help and guidance from other church leadership.
- Disciple, mentor, build, and teach church members to become leaders within the church body and to the community.
- Maintain an active interest and involvement in Youth group, children and adult education programs, assisting where needed.
- Serve, attend, and offer input to monthly committee and board meetings.
- Visit church body members in the community, shut-ins, and those in need.
- Perform weddings, funerals, dedications, and baptisms as requested.
- Engage with people from a wide variety of theological and worship backgrounds.
Church Activity Overview:
Trailhead holds one worship service on Sunday mornings at 10 am, with one hour of adult Bible class prior to worship at 9 am. Children’s Sunday School is held during the worship service, as the children are dismissed following opening worship music and a children’s message.
Each Sunday a different worship team leads worship, offering a variety of styles and genres from current contemporary to country blue/grass and traditional hymns. Trailhead currently has four different worship teams with more emerging. This variety of worship makes Trailhead unique and has allowed us to draw a dynamic cross section of people to our congregation. The church has several standing committees that help organize and implement the various ministry programs of the church.
Trailhead Current Paid Staff:
Deacons, Trustees, Memorial, Worship, We Share & Care, Outreach, and Christian Education.